Today is the day, where all my fears are realised and I make lots of horrid faces I did not know I could make, and these faces will be immortalised, captured on a Six Flags Magic Mountain camera somewhere. I put my foot down and told Anna I refuse to go on the Lex Luthor Drop of Doom and I also refuse to go on the Goliath and Superman: The Escape, yes, believe it, I said no to Anna, a rarity, I know, the fact that I said no to Anna just goes to show how scared I am, I also said I won’t do The Riddler.
We drove to Six Flags Magic Mountain, I think it was a 40 min drive or so, Anna had to go on a FREEWAY, we used my Iphone GPS to get there, and we MADE IT THERE, not that I didn’t believe we would, it’s just always amazing seeing someone successfully drive on the other side of the road, on a freeway too! I think it’s impressive at least.
ANYWAY, we got to the theme park, and quickly walked to Tatsu, it’s meant to be one of the most popular rides, apparently it feels like you’re flying or whatever and it’s a 4 minute rollercoaster, HAHA really, a 4 minute roller coaster, that didn’t have a lot of plunging drops so I didn’t mind it so much, we looked at the waiting time and it was 90 MINUTES!!!!! Anna and I quickly walked away to find another ride and it was 2 HOURS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT THE FUCK. We should not have left as late as we did. We ended up going to eat an overpriced and shitty lunch (I ate fried chicken and Anna ate a burger, KFC could do better fried chicken than Six Flags, don’t get the fried chicken), and then hopped onto the Gold Rusher, it’s just this little wooden rollercoaster that doesn’t do much, it’s meant to be classed as a Novice sort of ride, even I thought it wasn’t much.
I don’t really remember the order of the rides that we went on so I’m just going to talk about them in non-chronological order, if I get the wait times wrong, please tell me Anna:
- The Riddler ‘s Revenge – I know I said I wouldn’t go on this, but it looked pretty interesting, it took roughly 45minutes to get on the ride and we realised it was a rollercoaster where we are UPRIGHT, yes, we sort of get on this seat thing but our legs are dangling vertical and our feet touch the floor, it was weird and I didn’t know what to expect, it was also moderately uncomfortable. The ride ended up being super fun and I enjoyed it immensely, we went quite high and spun down, in our vertical positions.
- Scream – this had NO LINE, we got onto it after Colossus I think, and we just walked straight onto the ride, Anna and I were cheering, it was a standard roller coaster, I can’t remember much of it to be honest.
- Green Lantern: First Flight – it looked like the tamest ride, this stupid ride took almost 1.5 hours to get on, the line just never ended, it was a ride that basically just zigzagged everywhere, you went to the peak of it and then just… um… I can’t describe it, best show you a picture, please see below. Anyway, this ride was a lot more scary than anticipated, you get to the edge and it just plunges you down, so you get that weirdo butterfly feeling like 4 times, because the seats also spin around, you’re constantly confused… and banging your head, which adds to the confusion. It was fun. But it was painful. Anna and I walked out rubbing our heads and complaining about the last drop because we flew forward into our seat belt thing (I don’t know what it’s called, it’s the thing that keeps you in.. the harness? Oh gosh…), and then got flung back into the seat, and BANG… uncomfy head rest meets back of head.
- Colossus – standard run of the mill easter show roller coaster, lots of ups and downs, not many butterflies, surprisingly, Anna must have been disappointed.
- Batman the ride – almost exactly like the Lethal Weapon wide in the Gold Coast, so your feet are dangling and you’re flying everywhere.
- X2 – Stupid ride malfunctioned and we waited almost 2 hours for the ride, it rained on us, it was upsetting. The ride was pretty scary, you pretty much ascended to the peak with your back lying down and I was freaking out as we were going up “ANNA WHY ARE WE DOING THIS?”, it gets to the peak and you’re all confused because you see no rails going down, and then it pulls you under and it’s just crazy, also a head banger, it’s meant to be some crazy ride with special effects and stuff (think FIRE AND LIGHTNING) but the weather did not permit.
- Revolution – a white roller coaster that is one of the oldest there! We only went on it because it had no line, it was okay.
Awesome drive on the freeway lol.
The Collosus is behind Anna, then it’s the Goliath (please see steep drop on roller coaster), then it’s Lex Luthor Drop of Doom, with Superman next to it (it’s pretty much our Giant Drop + Tower of Terror – but in California).
Faces of pure fear, LOL, this was right after we went to the peak and out of nowhere got pulled under. My favourite photo of the trip.
That’s the end of the Six Flags trip, we went home at 7:30pm, and went to dinner at Soowon Galbi Korean BBQ, it was amazing, $39.99 for two people and there was so much meat and SOOOOOO MANY DELICIOUS CONDIMENTS, it also came with a salad and rice and a soft drink too! I got greedy and ordered cold noodles (bad idea), we were stuffed by the end of the meal and had to roll home. I highly recommend this restaurant, but it’s super popular, so be prepared to wait at least 1 hour if you go during dinner. Super delicious though and great service.
In a nutshell:
- Go to Six Flags Magic Mountain Early
- Your head will hurt on Six Flags rides, be prepared for headaches to come, go and then come again when you go on another ride
- Go to Six Flags early, or don’t go during school holidays
- Eat at Soowon Galbi Korean BBQ.